US Senator Lott Criticizes FBI Crypto Plans (fwd)

John Smith jsmith58 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:34:46 PDT 1997

Senator Lott says:

>Where is probable cause? Why has the FBI assumed that all Americans are
>going to be involved in criminal activities? Where is the Constitution?

Bravo, Senator Lott!

It is a pleasure to hear a Senator speak out against the FBI's
plans.  Plus he is basing it on the Constitution as well as
practical problems.  So many Senators become mouthpieces for the FBI.
What a pleasant difference.

Senator Lott's words deserve to be widely heard.  Let us remember
that not everyone in the government is in Louis Freeh's pocket.  With
people like Senator Lott we can still be confident that Louis Freeh's
Big Brother plans can be stopped.

"John