SSZ - ISDN repairs today...

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Oct 23 06:32:26 PDT 1997

Hi,

As most of you are aware SSZ has been experiencing a great deal of ISDN
stability issues the last 4-6 weeks (since the move to the new location).

To date we have been through a cable throw from one trunk line to another
which involved switching CO's. Since that throw we have seen intermittent
outages lasting from a minute or so up to 15 minutes (perhaps longer but I
didn't see them since logging is not always turned on).

Well I get up this morning and find the ISDN exhibiting the exact same sort
of intermittetent outages from last weekend, except now they ain't so
intermittent. Seems the cool weather and light rain have exacerbated the
issue such that we are in a nearly continous connect-disconnect cycle. We
are still passing packets with no loss, beit slowly.

I called SWBT and they are sending a installer out to put the line on
another distinct pair as well as putting in a repeater to boost the
pair-gain.

Expect there to be intermittent outages of an hour or more today. If the
fixes work we should be rock-solid again.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |