PGP, Inc.--What were they thinking?

Phillip Half-Baked phb at dev.null
Thu Oct 23 02:54:19 PDT 1997

Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:

> I should point out before starting that I now work for Verisign. This
> following personal opinion however and may not reflect any corporate policy
> that may or may not exist.

Knowing who is pulling Verisign's strings, I sincerely doubt that
a thinly-veiled character assassination of Phil Zimmermann is out
of line with their corporate policy.

It's a little early to start cumming in your pants over PGP's loss
of reputation capital, P[s]hill.
When the dust is finished settling in the battle deciding whether we
will live in a total surveillance state, or not, Verisign is likely to
end up at the bottom of the dust-bin (unless, of course, you accomplish
your aims at the company very, very quickly--which is highly unlikely).

Phill Half-Baked
"Stick a knife in me, I'm half-done."