PGP, Inc.--What were they thinking?

William H. Geiger III whgiii at invweb.net
Wed Oct 22 20:26:03 PDT 1997

In <01bcdf5a$4a2d3a60$06060606 at russell>, on 10/22/97
   at 10:20 PM, "Phillip M. Hallam-Baker" <hallam at ai.mit.edu> said:

>I really don't want to get into a standards flamewar, the point I'm
>making is that this is a bigger issue in the Enterprise market than key
>escrow at this point. Phil claims to have an RSA license, if he wants to
>go after the enterprise market he can support S/MIME.

Nothing personal Phil but that is the most brain dead sugestion I have
seen on this list in a long time. Well I can see that getting a paycheck
from Verisign hasn't tanted your viwes in favor of an inferior standard.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html