about MISTY encryption algorithm

jonathon grafolog at netcom.com
Sun Oct 19 08:14:51 PDT 1997

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Nobuki Nakatuji wrote:

> method to maintain security as long as its encryption key (password
> commonly shared by a sender and a receiver) is kept secret,

	Translation: The system is secure, only if you have a third route
	that is secure.

> However,possibilities of
> unauthorized access will increase when the encryption mechanism is made
> public.

	Translation:  our super secret algorithm is so pathetically weak,
	that anybody reading it, could break it, without using a computer.

> specification changes, and to sacrifice their encryption speed in return
> for an increased cipher strength to protect against recent decoding
> methods.

	Translation:  We decided to go for speed, rather than real
	security.

> encryption technology backed by adequate security. In January 1994,
> Mitsubishi Electric performed the first successful experiment to decode

	Translation:  In January 1994, Mitsubishu bought the DES Breaking
	Algorithm, on the black market.

	Snake Oil Sales people:
	Please apply at Mistubishi Electronic for a job as a drummer.

	Mistubishi Electronic is currently offering fantastic oportunities
	to fleece sheeple of their money,  with little to no risk to you.

          xan

          jonathon
          grafolog at netcom.com

	The FBI doesn't want to read encrypted documents,
	they want to read YOUR encrypted documents.