pro-crypto govt. people

Stanton McCandlish mech at eff.org
Thu Oct 16 12:23:58 PDT 1997

This year I recall seeing 1 former prosecutor saying that widespread
encryption was good and/or that GAK was bad, and 1 military or former
military person of fairly high status saying that GAK was bad. Circa
1994-5 I also recall a military or retired miltiary person of rank
reporting that very widespread crypto would be a boost to national
security.  We could really use these people's, and similar people's, words
in pro-crypto efforts. Unfortunately, disk problems a while back cost me
most of my old mail, including all of these saved items. If anyone has
them and/or knows who these people are, please let me know.

--
Stanton McCandlish                                           mech at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                           Program Director