Perl 5.00401, gcc 2.7.2.3 ..

Andreas Brusinsky brusinsk at ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Oct 16 11:51:38 PDT 1997

It was told in the mailinglists that with
the integration of the gnu utillities into the source tree
it is easy to keep up with changes of their utillities.

So what is the reason to stay on little elder versions of
perl and gcc?

Shouldn't gcc 2.7.2.3 and perl 5.00401 be within the source tree?

Why are they not?

Does the source tree really depend on the 'old' perl?

I got somehow the impression that gcc is a special adapted version
so I could understand that this is not integrated but perl?

Or am I utterly wrong because perl is a kind of compiler and gcc is a kind
of compiler so they dont need to be chaged becaus they work and may be more
fixed than real gcc/perl and utillities that demand perl5.00401 can
just be twiddled to use OpenBSD/perl ..

Thanks for comments.

        Bye   Brusi

            by           E-Mail: ab2 at inf.tu-dresden.de
                         Tel.-priv: 0351-8499347 (Germany/Dresden)
          \____