Telstra Australia admits it lied about net

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Wed Oct 15 07:11:36 PDT 1997

Of course any stats put forward by Telstra are probably a complete
fabrication. Telstra's arrogance exists due to its century long
tradition of government backed monopoly resulting in a drain on
Australia's resources and misallocation of capital on such a scale
it defies imagination. It is par for the course for Telstra to now be
seeking funding from US taxpayers/consumers. (PS. I heard the same
figures you quote below being bandied about here about a week or so
ago.)