CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: ports

Warner Losh imp at village.org
Wed Oct 15 16:46:02 PDT 1997

In message <14196.876929326 at natasha.brandonu.ca> Tobias Weingartner writes:
: I've already made a similar message to the ports list.  It was shot down.
: But maybe now that we see the "trouble" with the current setup, we can
: re-evaluate that.  Personally, I think we could share 95% of the ports
: stuff between open/freebsd, but it would be nice to have the ability to
: fix things in a local cvs tree, without having to wait for the fix to go
: through channels.

I would like to support this 100%.  This would also help with the
-lcrypt problem, et al.

Recall that bsd.port.mk already supports this.  We can start doing it
right away...

Warner