CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: ports

Warner Losh imp at village.org
Wed Oct 15 12:10:35 PDT 1997

In message <E0xLTBc-0001Bo-00 at rover.village.org> uk1o at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de writes:
: How about suggesting a make variable HAS_LIBCRYPT to the FreeBSD people?
: We could set it in <bsd.own.mk> or something like this (to a value
: meaning "we don't have it and we don't need it either), and FreeBSD could
: do similar.

The problem isn't in the BSD make files, but rather in the makefiles
of the ports.  True, many FreeBSD ports' patches add -lcrypt blindly
to the makefile, but that could change.

: Another way were patching the third party program's Makefile accordingly.
: We should introduce a patches-${OPSYS} directory having precedence before
: the patches directory of a port. Thus we could maintain our special patches
: for ports which need them while continuing to use the FreeBSD ports where
: they work out of the box. I see now that this is already implemented in
: <bsd.port.mk>, so we could just USE that.

There already is the patches-${OPSYS} that can be used for this
purpose.

Warner