proposal: commercial data recovery

Anonymous Remailer goddesshera at juno.com
Tue Oct 14 18:14:30 PDT 1997

On Tue, Oct 14, 1997 at 10:37:21AM +0100, Adam Back wrote:

> If we take the design goal of designing a commercial data recovery
> system which is not GAK compliant, we can most succinctly state this
> design goal as the task of ensuring that:

I take a certain sad pleasure in reminding people that among my first
posts on this list I warned that cypherpunks had better design a
commercial key recovery system, or one they didn't like would be
forced down their throats.  Attila now spouts my line exactly, Adam is
busy designing (though he still can't bring himself to use the term
'key recovery', being meme-dominated as he is), and Tim nods
approvingly.

Good luck, gentlemen -- you should have been doing this a year ago.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...

This message was automatically remailed. The sender is unknown, unlogged,
and nonreplyable. Send complaints and blocking requests to
<goddesshera at juno.com>.