Encyrption Program

Benjamin Grosman bgrosman at sydney.healey.com.au
Tue Oct 14 16:29:50 PDT 1997

> random cube and a random location with that cube. The resulting
> "random" character is then XORed with the appropriate character of
> the plaintext. If someone can prove to me that this method is stupid

The way I understand this is that only one character is chosen and this
same character is XORed with all plaintext for that session. Therefore,
given that there are 8 bits in an unsigned char (which I am assuming you
are using based on your choice of the word "character"), meaning that
there are only 2^8 (256) possible 8 bit characters, hence only 256
different possible outcomes. Such a short keyspace is linearly searchable
in a very small amount of time, making the encryption scheme particularly
weak.

If I am writing this based on a false understanding of your scheme, would
you mind clarifying exactly the points in which I am in error, so that I
might analyse with that information taken into account.

Yours Sincerely,

Benjamin Grosman