SSZ & T1 upgrade

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Fri Oct 10 19:38:41 PDT 1997

Hi,

Just a quick note to update you on the status of the T1 upgrade. It's going
to take us a few weeks longer to get resources in place than we expected but
there is some good news.

It turns out that SWBT can provide us a 2-year contract on a full T1 for
<$1500 setup and $350 a month. If we go for 5 years there is no install fee
and the fee is $250 a month. We are currently discussing various issues with
our current customers, examining our personal finances, and our market share
potential in our area for which contract to go for. I currently have a
2-year contract on the present equipment location. The potential for
purchasing the property will also be discussed. We can purchase a T1/T3
Linux compliant card that will mimic a NIC for less than $700. So, it looks
like we can do a complete upgrade to a T1 for less than $3k.

Provided we don't get in some sort of grid lock we hope to have something
setup and going within the next few weeks.

It is my personal desire to have something in place and fully functioning no
later than Thanksgiving. But then again, I would have already signed the
contract in order to get it going by Halloween. Alas, I am not the last word
anymore - the down side to business partners.

Even if both my current business partners decide they want out I can say
that I will have resources in place by Christmas to have us to a T1. So,
irrespective of what is decided the T1 will happen.

We will be keeping the ISDN as a backup and transient dial-in for users.

If you have any questions please direct them to 'consulting at ssz.com'.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |        /:'///// ``::>/|/                     http:// www.ssz.com/  |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |