anonymous poster quality up

Adam Back aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 14:43:28 PDT 1997

Tim May <tcmay at got.net> writes:
> Thanks for the sort-of compliment, but I haven't been using
> anonymous remailers much at all the last couple of years.

My reason for commenting was that you recently commented that you
planned to experiment with Nyms soon, but wouldn't be announcing when.

> Someone wrote to me saying he suspected I was "Monty Cantsin." Nope.

I must admit that I also had noticed a small similarity in vocabulary
used by Cantsin, certain phrases, etc -- perhaps he's trying to
simulate your writing style, or perhaps he just naturally has similar
writing characteristics.  I'll take you word on it, anyway.

Not that it matters really -- a good point in an argument is still a
good point where ever it comes from.  I'm finding that the
non-persistent anonymous user(s) are having meaningful discourse on
pgp CAKware (I like to think of them as anonymous PGP employees -- and
I hope they're finding my comments useful -- of course it is mere
speculation or wishful thinking on my part that they are anything to
do with PGP Inc -- they could be anyone).

Adam
--
Now officially an EAR violation...