Guilt

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Fri Oct 3 14:21:56 PDT 1997

Anonymous wrote:
>Alex Le Heux wrote:
>Anonymous <anon at anon.efga.org> wrote:
>>Let's also take a look at the Dutch performance during their
>>occupation. While there certainly were many courageous Dutch people
>>who helped refugees (at great personal risk, to say the least), and
>>there were many courageous Dutch people who were in the resistance,
>>there were also many Dutch people who did not perform so well. Not
>>only were a large number of Jewish people turned in by Dutch
>>informers, but there were even Dutch SS units.
>
>You have a nerve. You, coming from a country where people are still
>regularly killed in the name of racism, tell me this?!
>Alex
>------------
>The Same Old Guy replied:
>
>Want the cold, hard facts of life, Bubba?
>You didn't put WWII 'behind' you. We did!
>Gun-loving Americans conquered your continent and gave you your
>countries back instead of enslaving you, like every other winner in
>history has done.
>
>*** Certified Low Blow ***
>Some of us discriminate against Jews. Do you know why?
>Because we HAVE some!
>*** Certified Low Blow ***
>
>We were giving them refuge while Europe was massacring them by the
>millions. Now you have the balls to say we're not all treating them
>right all of the time.
>Buy a fucking clue!

Monty Cantsin is feeling a bit guilty about starting this.  While
there is some value in taking the smug Europeans down a few notches,
it is beginning to look as if some Americans need to be taken down a
few notches as well.

"The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the
Jewish People" by John Loftus and Mark Aarons.

Pages 49-50:
  "In 1943 the Holocaust was in full operation, but in April of that
year in Bermuda, a conference of British and American officials
formally decided that nothing should be done about it.  They 'ruled
out all plans for mass rescue.'  The British Foreign Office and the
U.S. State Department were both afraid that the Third Reich would be
quite willing, indeed eager, to stop the gas chambers, empty the
concentration camps, and let hundreds of thousands, if not millions,
of Jewish survivors emigrate to freedom in the West.  The Foreign
Office 'revealed in confidence' to the State Department its fear that
Hitler might permit a mass exodus.  If approaches to Germany to
release Jews were 'pressed too much that is exactly what might
happen.'[46]
  "The bigoted reality behind the Secret Report of the Easter 1943
Bermuda Conference was that not a single Allied nation wanted to let
teh Jews settle in its country.  The unspoken consensus was that it
was better to let Hitler handle them than arrange a mass evacuation to
the United States, England, or Canada.  In short, the Jews were
expendable to the war effort.[47] Only after the war was it confirmed
that a rescue operation to the Nazi concentration camps could have
been successful.  'Marshal of the RAF Sir Arthur `Bomber` Harris
declared afterwards that a rescue plan was `perfectly feasible, but I
was never asked to undertake it.`'[48]
  "No one campaigned to rescue the Jews because the leaders of the
Western nations had deliberately withheld the truth about the
Holocaust from their own citizens.  After verification by each of the
Allied intelligence services, the body counts of murdered Jews were
quietly classified as early as September 1941."

Pages 70-71:
  "Ibn Saud had no intention of ever letting a single Jew emigrate to
Palestine.  President Roosevelt discovered this for himself, but too
late.
  "In February 1945, just before he died, President Roosevelt
personally met Ibn Saud.  He attempted to enlist the king's support
for the Zionist solution, but Ibn Saud firmly rejected the idea,
instead suggesting that the Allies should give 'them and their
descendants the choicest lands and homes of the Germans who oppressed
them' or that the Allied countries take in the Jews themselves.[57]
  "The king's vehement opposition to Jewish migration was a bit of a
shock to Roosevelt, who was strongly sympathetic to the Zionist cause.
Yet none of the Western nations was ever prepared to take more than a
handful of Holocaust survivors.  As one book showed, the Canadian
policy was 'none is too many.'  The king seemed to recognize this, and
he reminded Roosevelt that Palestine had already taken 'its fair share
of refugees from Europe.'
  "Suddenly the president's sympathy for the Jews was wavering.  He
told Ibn Saud that 'he would do nothing to assist the Jews against the
Arabs and would make no move hostile to the Arab people.'  Roosevelt's
new policy was to be netural, but neutral in favor of the Arabs.[58]
It was an uncomfortable lesson for the ailing president.  The choice
seemed clear enough.  The United States could help the Jews found
their home in Palestine, or it could have Saudi Arabia's oil as the
engine room for postwar dominance.  It seemed to Roosevelt that could
not have both.  He chose oil."

Footnotes, Chapter 2:
[46] David Wyman, "The Abandonment of the Jews" (New York: Pantheon,
     1984), p. 342

[47] For accounts of the official policies of the various Allied
     governments, see Walter Laqueur, "The Terrible Secret" (London:
     Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1981); and Martin Gilbert, "Auschwitz and
     the Allies" (London: Michael Joseph/Rainbird, 1981).

[48] Ricahrd Deacon, "The Israeli Secret Service" (London: Sphere,
     1979), p. 29.

Footnotes, Chapter 3:
[57] The king's ". . . firmness disconcerted Roosevelt, who seems to
     have believed a few hours' personal chitchat and some lavish
     Lend-Lease assistance would win the King of Arabia to his
     purpose.
         "The president tried another tack.  He was counting on the
     legendary hospitality of the Arab, he said, to help solve the
     problem of Zionism.  But [the king] did not see why the Arabs of
     Palestine should feel especially hospitable towards the Jews.
          "'Make the enemy and the oppressor pay,' he said; 'that is
     how we Arabs wage war.'
          "It was not the Arabs of Palestine who had massacred the
     Jews.  It was the Germans and, as 'a simple bedouin,' the Sa'udi
     king could not understand why the president seemed so eager to
     save Germany from the consequences of its crimes. . . ."  Kelly,
     "Arabia, the Gulf and the West" (New York: Basic Books, 1980),
     pp. 271-272.

[58] Returning to Washington, a chastened Roosevelt told Congress that
     "from Ibn Saud, of Arabia, I learned more of the whole problem of
     the Moslems and more about the Jewish people in 5 minutes than I could
     have learned by the exchange of a dozen letters." Ibid., p. 272.

Monty Cantsin
Editor in Chief
Smile Magazine
http://www.neoism.org/squares/smile_index.html