Stronghold

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Thu Oct 2 08:51:53 PDT 1997

nobody at REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) writes:

> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM writes:
> >
> > Anonymous <anon at anon.efga.org> writes:
>
> > > Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM writes:
>
> > > Those who are newcomers to the list should know that Vulis has never
> > > presented any evidence substantiating his vague claims that Stronghold
> > > is insecure or has backdoors (or whatever the claims were).  Vulis is
> > > conducting a personal vendetta against one of C2Net's staff members and
> > > anyone who happened to be or become associated with him.
>
> > Nor do I have to present any evidence.
>
> You misordered this: it should say "Nor do I have any evidence to
> present."

Nope.  Like I said, I'm not selling Stronghold or any competing product, I
don't lose anything when someone foolishly buys it, so why should I present
any evidence?  I (and several other people on this mailing list) were threatened
by C2Net's lawyers; so to avoid unpleasant disputes, I told them I won't be
publishing whatever I might know about their product.

> >                                         I'm not the one selling StrongHold.
>
> No, you're the one trying to torpedo its sales to get back at certain
> individuals for some perceived slight.

No I'm not.  What do I lose if someone not affiliated with me makes a
foolish purchasing decision?

That's why I complied with C2Net's request not to publish my opinions of
their product.

> > I have received several threatening communications from C2Net's lawyers,
> > which were discussed at length on this list.  To avoid unpleasant disputes
> > I agreed not to disseminate my opinions about StrongHold.
>
> Amazingly, C2Net doesn't like to see its product publicly slandered
> by reptiles like Vulis.  If Vulis' opinion were based on anything
> other than personal ill will - ie, if he had ever actually downloaded
> and examined Stronghold and found any problems with it - he would have
> a leg to stand on.  As it is, his allegations are completely unfounded.

If this were true, then C2Net would encourage me to publicly present whatever
"evidence" I have so they'd be able to refute it.  This is not what they
asked me to do.

> > Please keep this in mind if you consider buying it.
>
> Keep in mind that anything Vulis says is in all likelihood a complete
> lie.

Keep in mind that "anonymous" is probably an employee of C2Net.  Several of
C2Net's shills used to post C2Net propaganda withouy revealing their C2Net
affiliation; they switched to anonymous remailers when their nyms were exposed.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM