Remailers and ecash (fwd)

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Wed Oct 1 21:59:27 PDT 1997

[snip stuff about message pools, singapore, clams, tv shows, etc]
> The only reason that anonymous remailers are useful here is that the
> originating party doesn't want to deal with the results of being known.
> The flip side to this is that the reputation of anonymous discussions in
> these sorts of areas would have little political impact. A person who won't
> discuss such issues under their own name certainly won't go out and become
> actively involved in some political movement. Now if your claim is that such
> activity might hold some weight with an elected official I would appreciate
> an explanation as well - especialy considering that the anonymity provides
> just enough 'cover' so that the politician can safely ignore any and all
> traffic made through this mechanism, "They aren't one of my constituents."
> If you have some reasoning outside this please share it.

The question is will people pay money for this.  Nobody gives a damn if you
think it's useful or not.  The customer is always right, and all that.
Obviously, some people had a reason to take the time to write those thousands
of posts, the question is will they pay the remailers to post them.