Death Penalty Expanded

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Sun Nov 30 10:58:07 PST 1997

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Tim May wrote:

> What's next, the death penalty for unregistered crypto?
>
> No doubt Swinestein plans to introduce her own version of this in Amerika.
["Own a gun, be 'put to sleep'" law elided]

And people said my old prediction that we'll see 10 year sentences for use
of illgal crypto were extreme. Swinestein must be drooling at the
prospect. As usual, the masses will love the idea, as long as it (might)
save just one child.

On a completely unrelated note, is there some interest in starting up a
"Cypherpunks Nuclear Physics Study Group"? I recently finished reading
"The Curve of Binding Energy". Fascinating book.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"