If you fought to defend your country...

attila attila at primenet.com
Sun Nov 30 01:09:36 PST 1997

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Tim May wrote:

> At 3:33 PM -0700 11/29/97, TruthMonger wrote:
> >...you fit the 'profile' of the OKC bomber.
> >
> >Be afraid...be very afraid.

   hell, I didnt go to defend me country; Arlo wrote that song dancing
   with the shrink --but I went to kill my share.

> Or tell them to fuck off.
>
> I was stopped by the storm troopers on the Stanford University campus for
> this reason--"you fit the profile"--and asked to let them inspect my
> briefcase and jacket pockets. I stood my ground and said "No."

    well, that's good so far. of course, you are ornery enough to stick up
    for your rights --what few we have that have not been fucked over
    totally by Bubba who sees no reason for privacy since only crooks have
    reason not to be transparent.

> Of course, Stanford being private property, they escorted me off the campus.

    aint much that is important enough to put up with those attitudes.
    we are what we are --start bending over to polish the apple and you'll
    be just like them.

> (However, it was Stanford Sheriffs, representing the (alleged) city of
> Stanford, CA, who did the stop-and-escort-off routine, so one wonders about
> the lines being blurred between private and governmental functions.)

    Stanford was in Palo Alto the last time I looked... is the "City of
    Stanford" a new chartered entity inside Palo Alto? to permit "real"
    law enforcement, not just hired guns?

> As computers proliferate, "fitting the profile" is becoming the de facto
> way to stop any suspicious persons, or others they want to harass.

    yup. either look like the average joe couch potato or expect to be
    profiled out for special treatment.  anyone with the fire still
    burning in their eyes is obviously some sort of maniac with a
    problem.  "yes, officer, I just happen to normally carry a gallon
    of naplam in my briefcase... it's my lunch down at the circus."

    maybe Chelsea has them all nervous.

> --Tim May
>
> The Feds have shown their hand: they want a ban on domestic cryptography

   no, Tim, F{reeh,uck} wants a biochip to go along with the highway
   sensors for your car.

	attila out  ...again.

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....
    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.