If it protects just a single child...

CypherPunks Press cp at dev.null
Thu Nov 27 03:29:41 PST 1997

* John E. Herndon, at his May sentencing (he got 20 years) in Little
Rock, Ark., for using two teenage girls in pornographic photos
after giving them alcoholic beverages:  "They were my muffins and
my flowers," he told the judge.  "They were earth angels.  I renew
my promises to the girls as a born-again Christian that I will always
love them and protect them."

 Send a message to notw-request at nine.org with the
Subject line of Subscribe.
To read these News of the Weird newspaper columns from the past six
months, go to http://www.nine.org/notw/notw.html
(That site contains no graphics, no photos, no video clips, no
audio.  Just text.  Deal with it.)