Freedom Forum First Amendment conference (12/16/97)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Nov 26 09:36:46 PST 1997

-----------

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:33:05 -0500
From: Paul McMasters <pmcmasters at freedomforum.org>
Subject: First Amendment Conference

	The Freedom Forum is sponsoring a major conference on the First
Amendment
on December 16 in Arlington, Va.  We will be releasing Donna Demac's "State
of the First Amendment" report and a landmark public opinion survey on the
First Amendment.  In addition, there will be presentations by leading
authorities on violence in the media, hate speech, pornography, flag
desecration, television, the Internet, videos, the press, art, and
religion.  If you would like more details and directions for signing up
(there is no charge), please go to my web page at:
	http://www.freedomforum.org/first/1997/11/20famdcon.asp

	Here it is in a nutshell:

	Who:	Everyone concerned about the First Amendment
	What:	State of the First Amendment conference
	Where:  The Freedom Forum World Center, Arlington, Va.
	When:  Tuesday, December 16, from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
	Why:  Release of a major report, "State of the First Amendment," and a
landmark national survey of public attitudes toward the First Amendment
	How:  Just check our web site for details and directions
	The catch:  There is none.  No charge.  Good food.  Good conversation.
First-rate speakers.  Dynamite program.
	Contact:  Paul McMasters, 703-284-3511, or:
			pmcmasters at freedomforum.org