Report on UN conferen

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Mon Nov 24 18:35:21 PST 1997

Mikhael Frieden <mikhaelf at mindspring.co> wrote reg. "illegal
immigrants":

 > > In a much more fundamental sense, if they were not given
 > > constitutional protections they really could be rounded up and
 > > bussed across the border.

 > > And what would be wrong with this?

 > Not a damned thing. While in this country they are in the act of
 > committing a crime. Once they have been deported they have
 > stopped committing the crime and then they can plead to appear
 > in court.

It used to be, that people are "felons under an increasing number
of laws". Now we've congressed to an "increasing number of felons
regardless of what they do" (their "crime" is being from "other
side" of the pencil-lines, that the statists have drawn on their
papers).

Even the "freedom-loving", no-boundaries etc. Cypherpunks fall over
those imaginery "border-lines", without having it ever dawn on
them, that *everything* done now to "illegal immigrants" will one
day soon be extended to the government-issued passport/digital
VeriSign-Tax-ID bearing "Americans" as well.
(Please refer to the "War on Drugs" for proof of patterns.)

In fact, it's being done already. The systems developed to "track
down illegal aliens" can track ANYBODY for that matter.

AnybodyHomeMonger