Mondex help needed

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Sun Nov 23 15:25:58 PST 1997

I just received one of the Chase Manhattan Mondex cards. Since I've been
doing a bit of work with smartcards lately
<https://www.cypherpunks.to/scard/>, I'd like to take an extended look at
this card.

The task would be much easier if I had one or several of the following:

o Mondex card Programer Reference Manual. Somebody on this list must have
access to one.
o Protocol specifications. Even partial specs would be helpful.
o Any PC software that talks RS-232 to a reader that is meant to hold a
Mondex card. And of course the reader. If the reader work with non-Mondex
cards, all the better, because that probably means that the reader is
generic and the commands can be reverse engineered and emulated.
o An RS-232 adapter to the PCMCIA sized reader that came with my Chase
Mondex card and associated PC software. The reader has a tiny connector on
the side meant to connect to a serial port adapter. Since this is a
Mondex-only reader, I am not sure how much of the intelligence resides in
the reader. Listening to the communication between the PC software and
this
particular reader may not provide much information.

Your help is much appreciated. Anonymous donations are accepted and
encouraged.

Thanks,

-- Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"