My last comment on Great Awakening...

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sun Nov 23 11:41:08 PST 1997

Hi,

It has been claimed that the original claim by Bob and anonymous was that
the first Great Awakening ended by the late 18'th century. This is a
complete fabrication. The original claim put forth clearly references dates
in the 1800's as the date of the first instance, clearly 50-100 years in
error from the original Great Awakening that occurred between 1700-1750. In
my original posting I (thought) made it clear that I didn't quite know when
the original event occurred but was certain it ended prior to the late
1700's which would clearly pre-date the original claim. I subsequently took
the time to provide references for those citation and clearly indicated
where my memory was in error, and even took the time to explain my confusion
regarding the 'Beacon on the Hill' movement. In responce Bob and apparently
anonymous made it clear that they saw no reason to do 'homework'
irrespective of the impact of historical accuracy on their claims.

Make up your own mind on the validity of the claims.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |