Seeing Both Sides

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Sun Nov 23 08:22:20 PST 1997

Tim May <tcmay at got.net> writes:
> I'm happy doing what I'm doing. I think I do it pretty well, Certainly
> better than learning C or C++ and becoming YACC (Yet Another C Coder). No
> insult to C coders, but at age 45, after making a bundle of money doing
> physics and AI,  and retiring eleven years ago, I hardly think training
> myself at this point to be a C journeyman is what I want to do with my life.

Let's take an inventory of what Tiny Timmy can contribute to our cause:
* capital
* ability to spec out projects and figure out what needs to be done
He lacks:
* time
* C coding skills
* understanding of non-RSA cryptography (such as elliptic curves)
Here's an idea. Suppose you want a certain program to be written and
made available for free.  Spec out the design and offer to pay a few
thousand dollars for someone to code it and post it.
Put your money where your mouth it, Tiny Timmy.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM