[Fwd: [cpj:265] COS]

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Sun Nov 23 00:26:37 PST 1997

Brian B. Riley wrote:

> On 11/22/97 10:39 PM, Tim May (tcmay at got.net)  passed this wisdom:
>
> >At 12:06 PM -0700 11/22/97, TruthMonger wrote:
> >>Have you heard of a Mac compatible OS called "COS" from Omega in East
> >>Germany?
>
> >This past week's issue of "MacWeek" said that this COS has been "delayed,"
> >with no new introduction date set.
>
>  I have read a number of articles speculating that Omega COS may be
> vaporware. I went to their webapge which has some great sounding text
> hype and nothing else, no links, no ordering info, nada!

I have a friend from Santa Fe who did some work with Omega and her
opinion was that their purpose in crypto OS development was aimed
toward using it as leverage for being bribed into compromising or
abandoning it in return for government/spook business.

Apparently, there are consultants in some of the former Eastern Bloc
countries who specialize in negotiations between corporations and
shadow agencies in order to find out the highest price they can
sell out or capitulate for without making it worth the spooks time
and effort to sabotage their project or whack them out. It seems
that it can be quite profitable if you don't waste money foolishly
on hiring programmers, engineers, etc.

I have to go now and work on my "Lounge Suit Larry Nukes DC While
Stripping Barbie Naked" program. It uses BAD IDEA encryption.

A. Fiend
    ^r