[Fwd: [cpj:265] COS]

Brian B. Riley brianbr at together.net
Sat Nov 22 22:31:04 PST 1997

On 11/22/97 10:39 PM, Tim May (tcmay at got.net)  passed this wisdom:

>At 12:06 PM -0700 11/22/97, TruthMonger wrote:
>>Have you heard of a Mac compatible OS called "COS" from Omega in East
>>Germany?
>>I just found an article about it in Japanese Mac mag and that says Omega
>>announced the OS 11/13 at German MacWorldExpo.

 [snip]

>This past week's issue of "MacWeek" said that this COS has been "delayed,"
>with no new introduction date set.
>
>Searching the www.zdnet.com site may reveal this. Or searching on the
>company name, of course.

 I have read a number of articles speculating that Omega COS may be
vaporware. I went to their webapge which has some great sounding text
hype and nothing else, no links, no ordering info, nada!

Brian B. Riley --> http://www.macconnect.com/~brianbr
 For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr at together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

 "Bacon and eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a
pig"