Lewis & Clark liked dogs too [was Re: Alternative Apology]

Brad Dolan bdolan at USIT.NET
Sat Nov 22 06:28:13 PST 1997

According to _From Sea to Shining Sea_, by J. Thom, famous American
explorers William Clark and George Lewis provisioned their trip across the
continent with dog meat.  They even traded with the indians in the
northwest  for dogs so they wouldn't have to eat those yucky salmon.

bd