[cpe:5028] police state rumors

TruthMonger tm at dev.null
Fri Nov 21 20:44:55 PST 1997

Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
> [...]

  If you consider the above to be "unconfirmed rumor," or difficult to
verify, then you need to learn how to use an InterNet search engine.
  Even mainstream news articles have covered the transfer of Armed
Forces weapons and munitions to civilian agencies, including a major
city which *returned* a load of bayonets as being too ludicrous to
accept.

  This is supposed to be *news*?
  Have you been out of the country for a few decades? Ever heard of
CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Production)?
  I used to drink and get high with the CAMP crews in the heart of
the sickingly press-dubbed "Emerald Triangle." It was not considered
a 'state secret' that much of the purpose of this area of the War
on Drugs was to facilitate male-bonding and a spirit of cooperation
between federal, state and local law enfascistment agencies.
  The cammo-clad "volunteers" got to jump out of helicopters in the
middle of North-Western schoolyards armed with the latest in federal
weaponry and go play hardball with the children's hippie parents
who had a half-dozen pot plants up in the hills.

  The main purpose of the Campaign Against Marijuana Production
seemed to be to provide an opportunity for lower-level LEA agents
to get comfortable with the concept of shooting family dogs in
front of the citizen's children and confiscating TV's, chainsaws
and other personal possessions as "aids to illegal marijuana
production."

  Don't worry about it. They will undoubtedly only use a co-ordinated
front of assault teams against the 'bad' citizens, such as terrorists,
drug-dealers, pedophiles, tax-cheats, people who use insufficient
postage, left-handed people, and suspicious characters with last names
starting with the letters A through Z.

  In case you have trouble understanding what they are screaming, over
the sounds of your doors being kicked in and the roar of gunfire, it
is probably, "We're from the government, and we're here to *help* you!"

TruthMonger