Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Nov 21 19:52:10 PST 1997

--- begin forwarded text

Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:39:58 -0800
Sender: Law & Policy of Computer Communications
              <CYBERIA-L at LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
From: david friedman <ddfr at BEST.COM>
Subject:      Good recent books on encryption, privacy, etc.?
To: CYBERIA-L at LISTSERV.AOL.COM

I am getting ready to teach my seminar on Computers, Crime and Privacy
again, and wondering if there is something new that I should substitute for
_Building in Big Brother_. Are there any recent books that have a
reasonably accessible treatment of encryption, the controversy over
regulation, etc.? For that matter, are there any good recent books on
computer crime?

I may end up simply substituting in a lot of URL's, but I thought it was
probably worth including some old technology as well, if available.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr at best.com
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>