Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

William H. Geiger III whgiii at invweb.net
Wed Nov 19 20:50:05 PST 1997

In <3.0.3.32.19971119124900.007463b0 at pop.mindspring.com>, on 11/19/97
   at 12:49 PM, Brian the Obscure <briandaniels at mindspring.com> said:

>At 10:46 AM 11/19/97 -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>>
>>In <3.0.3.32.19971119105751.006dedc8 at pop.mindspring.com>, on 11/19/97
>>   at 10:57 AM, Brian the Obscure <briandaniels at mindspring.com> said:

>>>Now that's a tasteful bit of humor, if I do say so myself.
>>
>>>It's so nice to know that being lucky enough to be born in the U.S.
>>>authorizes us to look down on and hey, advocate killing those who aren't
>>>so fortunate.
>>
>><sigh> I can hear the violins playing in the background.

>Hey, it beats the stomping of jackboots and shouts of 'Sig Heil!'

>>This is no different than shooting a burglar that has broken into your
>>house and is robbing it. I think that you are missing a basic concept that
>>it is not their country!! If where they are at is such a miserable
>>shithole then maybe they should do somthing to fix their country rather
>>than comming here and attempt to make it yet another miserable shithole.

>Of course, you have an unimpeachable claim, although 'Geiger the III' is
>a rather odd last name for an American Indian.

My impeachable claim is I am here and they are not. I see no reason why I
or anyone else should sit idly by and watch the SouthWest be turned into a
Mexican colony. You bring up the American Indians, it is interesting to
note that if they had bothered to stand up against the European invaders
and defended their boarders from the begining they more then likely would
still be running the place.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

>>It is not the fault of America that Mexico is the shithole that it is.
>>Perhaps if they were to overthrow their corrupt government and replaced it
>>with one based on freedom (both political and economic) there would be no
>>need for them to come here in the first place. California, New Mexico,
>>Arizona, and Texas should not be the release valve for a corrupt Mexican
>>government so they can continue to rape their country and leave their
>>citizens in poverty.

>Lets see.  Are you aware of how Texas, California, and New Mexico came to
>be part of the US?  Probably doesn't matter - those dang furriners had no
>right to the lands they lived on anyway, once the U.S. decided it wanted
>them.

So are you suggesting we give it back? Perhaps everyone should just pack
up and go back to Europe or Asia or Africa and give it all back to the
Indians? Of course you do know that the "Native Americans" that were in
North America at the time Europeans started to colonize North America were
not the "original" humans here. There were actually several waves of
humans coming over the Siberia-Alaska land bridge over a long period of
time. I am sure that the peace loving "Native Americans" wouldn't think of
conquering lands occupied by others now would they??

>I don't find it at all surprising that people who live in a 'shithole'
>want to leave.  It is easy for you to suggest that they overthrow their
>government - after all, you won't be the one facing a Mexican prison.

Personally I could care less what they do. It's not my problem it is
theirs. It is their responsibility to fix their problems.

>This is going way off topic at this point, and I am at fault for starting
>it.  I was just distressed at how rapidly this list seems to be turning
>towards hate and bigotry.  Lets take it to email.

There is no hatred or bigotry involved in my position. I am really
apathetic towards the Mexicans. They can go and do whatever they want so
long as they are not doing it here. The same goes for the Germans, French,
Ethiopians, Iraqies, Iraelies, Australians, Japanizes, et. al.

I don't care what my neighbor does in his house so long as he doesn't try
comming over and doing it in mine.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html