NBC Mugs Jim Bell

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Nov 19 18:51:19 PST 1997

At 5:34 PM -0700 11/19/97, John Young wrote:
>An NBC News story this evening on the threat of CB
>terrorism full-screened a closeup of Jim Bell's mug shot,
>the same as the lead photo in US News last week. The
>story presented much the same line and Internet
>sources of frightening information but did not balance
>it with a sidebar on burgeoning anti-terrorist opportunism
>as did US News.

Just in time for his sentencing tomorrow.....

Sort of like the way one of the guns on the list of "stolen guns" (from a
gunshop) had been bought by Terry Nichols a year before the robbery,
according to records which showed up in trial today.  "Whoops."  Sounds
like a setup, with false evidence, that the government screwed up.

Justice in Amerika. "Manufacturing Consent," indeed.

Go see "The Jackal" and root for Bruce Willis...I know I did.

--Tim May