Deductive Reasoning

Anonymous Remailer goddesshera at juno.com
Wed Nov 19 18:16:19 PST 1997

Deductive Reasoning

Cypherpunk: "Hi there new neighbor, it sure is a mighty nice day to be
moving"

Neighbor 1: "Yes, it is and people around here seem extremely
friendly"

Cypherpunk: "So what is it you do for a living?"

Neighbor 1: "I am a professor at the University, I teach deductive
reasoning"

Cypherpunk: "Deductive reasoning, what is that?"

Neighbor 1: "Let me give you and example. I see you have a dog house out
back. By that I deduce that you have a dog."

Cypherpunk: "That is right"

Neighbor 1: "The fact that you have a dog, leads me to deduce that you
have a family"

Cypherpunk: "Right again"

Neighbor 1: "Since you have a family I deduce that you have a wife"

Cypherpunk: "Correct"

Neighbor 1: "And since you have a wife I can deduce that you are
heterosexual."

Cypherpunk: "Yup"

Neighbor 1: "That is deductive reasoning"

Cypherpunk: "Cool"

Later that same day

Cypherpunk: "Hey I was talking to that new guy who moved in next door"

Neighbor 2: "Is he a nice guy?"

Cypherpunk: "Yes, and he has an interesting job"

Neighbor 2: "Oh, yeah what does he do?"

Cypherpunk: "He is a professor of deductive reasoning at the University"

Neighbor 2: "Deductive reasoning, what is that"

Cypherpunk: "Let me give you an example. Do you have a dog house?"

Neighbor 2: "No

Cypherpunk: "Fag."

This message was automatically remailed. The sender is unknown, unlogged,
and nonreplyable. Send complaints and blocking requests to
<goddesshera at juno.com>.