FCPUNX:Tim plans to kill a federal judge

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Nov 19 10:31:16 PST 1997

At 06:10 PM 11/14/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
> By the way, the same can be said about the work of Heidegger, a thinker who
> has had some influence on me. Whenever I cite anything Heidegger ever said,
> I can count on some numbskull to parrot the "Heidegger was a Nazi" shtick.

Probably because Heidegger *was* a Nazi, who pranced around in full drag
Nazi uniform and sent certain of his colleagues to the concentration camps.

To very crudely oversimplify the relationship between Heideggers
philosophy and Nazism, it goes like this.

No objective, only the intersubjective, therefore the community
defines reality, therefore truth is merely relative to the community.

Yeah, I know it is more complex than that, but it still boils down
to debates being resolved by hanging people from the ceiling with
piano wire rather than by appeal to the external world.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com