Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

snow snow at smoke.suba.com
Tue Nov 18 23:38:36 PST 1997

> >Interesting.  I was under the opinion that schooling and "social
> >services" were no more constitutional rights then, say, free food or a
> >pot to piss in.
> Well I have done some more research on this.
> Seems that there is a SC decision in Plyler v Doe 1982 in which the courts
> have ruled that a child (citizen or not) has the *right* to public
> education. This comes out of a Texas case not too differnt from Prop 187
> in California.

	The 2 problems I have are (1) Citizen implies that one is a member
of a political division such as a state at some level. If you want to live
in a free world you have to give up citizenship as a requirement for anything.
and (2) Education, of ANYONE, properly carried out will generate more of
value FOR society than not educating, and one could with very little intellect
see how NOT educating people costs society.

	As to wether the state should provide financial support for schools,
well that is another matter.