Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 18 20:25:37 PST 1997

At 10:34 PM -0700 11/18/97, Mikhael Frieden wrote:
>At 06:53 PM 11/18/97 -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>>I think that there is plenty of case law of extending constutional
>>protections to non-citizens. One that comes to mind were the rulings
>>against California inwhich the courts ruled the they were obligated to
>>provide schooling and social services to illegal aliens (a really fucked
>>rulling IMNSHO but if some good can come out of it no sense not making use
>>of it).
>
>        In a much more fundamental sense, if they were not given
>constitutional protections they really could be rounded up and bussed
>across the border.

And what would be wrong with this?

If they're not citizens, and not on a valid visa, they have no legal right
to be in the U.S.

(At a more abstract level, I support the idea of completely open borders,
provided we end all forcible contributions to welfare, medical care,
schools, job quotas, etc. But so long as taxpayers are paying 60% of
everything earned, as I am, to support others, the rules about entry to the
U.S. must be enforced.)

Ironically, the authorities are refusing to enforce the immigration laws.
This is why the militias here in California have been forced to deal with
illegal immigrants in the only way left to them. (There's a hunt in
Imperial Valley this coming Saturday.)

--Tim May