technical issues of the list

Ryan Lackey rdl at mit.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:00:41 PST 1997

Tim May wrote:

> (There is, by the way, a project simmering along to put the 5 years of
> Cypherpunks traffic on a Web site...)

I have everything but the first 8 months or so of traffic in the process
of going up on the web soon. (Stupid deadline appeared which put this off
for a few hours).  If the first 8 months were in someplace I could find
them, then there would be a nice complete archive no longer simmering, but
up on the web, ready for people to mirror.  Dr. Dobbs' Journal sells
a Cryptography CD-ROM with AC v 2, etc. on it for $99, and combined with
a Cypherpunks CD-ROM containing list archives of cypherpunks, coderpunks,
cryptography at c2.org, and maybe some other stuff for $50 or so, there would
be 2-cd solution.

I'm pretty sure all 5 years fit on one cd-rom -- I've been using 4 years
as an eternity dds dataset, along with some other stuff, and I think it is
less than 500mb, although one of the problems with my current eternity
file system under linux is that there is no way of telling how big a
directory is (yay VFS kludges).
--
Ryan Lackey
rdl at mit.edu