http://www.cryptography.org - thanks to Bay Area Cypherpunks!

Michael Paul Johnson mpj at ebible.org
Mon Nov 17 22:25:36 PST 1997

A while ago, the Bay Area Cypherpunks took up a collection to help secure
the future of the North American Cryptography Archive. So far, I have used
part of that money to register the cryptography.org domain name and part of
it to partially cover some other expenses. Since the current main host site
is being freely lent to us, that donation should stretch for several years.
:-)

I have just changed jobs, and am working very long hours, but I still
manage to get a little time here and there to maintain the crypto site. If
nothing else, it provides a place for people who are concerned about
possible government persecution to publish their crypto software legally.
(I know that some people may differ with my interpretation of the current
rules, but what do you expect from FUD mud?)

Anyway, THANK YOU for your help. I am honored by your very tangible
expression of appreciation for keeping a crypto site open for years.

The new site is functional, now, and has a new name
(http://www.cryptography.org). I know that it could use some better
indexing, etc., but some of that may come in my spare time. :-)

To guard against various forms of disaster (natural or human), I am
encouraging others to mirror the site. (I claim no "compilation copyright"
- I just want this information to be freely available.) As the regulatory
climate changes, I will be watching for windows of legal opportunity (as we
almost had with the Bernstein case) to tear down the "front door" to the
archive and invite mirroring outside of North America. Until then, of
course, most (if not all) of the data in the archive is available outside
of North America. U. S. and Canadian citizens are clearly not the only ones
who understand and enjoy cryptography!

Note: nothing in this message should be construed as an invitation to
anyone to violate any valid applicable law.  ;-)

Thanks again, my friends.

Michael Paul Johnson    mailto:mpj at ebible.org (aka mpj at csn.net)
PO Box 1151             http://www.ebible.org/bible     <- Holy Bible
Longmont CO 80502-1151  http://www.cryptography.org     <- Crypto archive
USA

PGP RSA key fingerprint (mpjA): 3E67 A580 0DFB D16A  6D52 D3A9 1C07 4E41
PGP DSS/DH fingerprint: 28AE B775 DD65 62C7 0717  ECDA 448F E0C7 17D7 47BB