Exporting crypto from Japan

jonathon grafolog at netcom.com
Sun Nov 16 20:31:11 PST 1997

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Joichi Ito wrote:

> issue and gave them the recommendation. It is likely that some pressure
> from the US government is being put on Japanese ministries such as MITI,

	Some pressure?  A simple little phone call is all it took,
	for Japan INC, to knuckle down to the NSA.

> necessary to write off all Japanese as stooges. Also, I disagree that there
> is "no apparent prospects for them _ever_ becoming available." This is not

	Japan INC, won't make those chips, untill either:
	1: the NSA tells them to go ahead and make the
	or
	2:  Japan thinks it is ready to declare war on the US, again,
	and needs those chips for military conquest.

	I vote for option 2 happening far sooner than option 1.

	Just how soon do you think Japan will be willing to declare
	war against the US, with a hope of winning it?

          xan

          jonathon
          grafolog at netcom.com

	There are operating systems that were not dreamed up,
	in Redmond.

	Some of them even are bug-free.