PGPsdk is now free for non-commercial use

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Sun Nov 16 20:10:43 PST 1997

At 07:47 PM 11/16/97 -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:
>>From what I have read of the license it is against the license agreement to
>ship the libraries on a CD of shareware products for which a price is
charged.

o There is typically an exemption in license agreements for distribution of
software that charges nominal media costs. If PGP overlooked this, it can
be added trivially. No need to get excited about it.

o The current license agreement for the PGPsdk is for use freeware only.
The license agreement for shareware has not yet been made public (=been
written).

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi