Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Sat Nov 15 00:05:51 PST 1997

On Fri, Nov 14, 1997 at 02:17:12PM +0000, Paul Bradley wrote:

> > This illustrates what a liability the poster has become to the cypherpunks.
> > The group is becoming just another militia front, identified with racism
> > and white supremacy, applauding violent murder of government agents,
> > one step from applauding the Oklahoma killings.  Its original purpose
> > all but forgotten, the list has died, poisoned by the hatred flowing from
> > its leader.
>
> At the risk of responding to a post which has a good probability of being
> a troll I will at least say that the above opinion may be that of several
> members, but the fact is the list has evolved, it never had an original
> defined purpose, at least not one easily put into words, and applauding
> murder of government agents is a part of the whole strong crypto privacy
> and liberty ethic.

Bullshit.  Applauding murder has nothing to do with strong crypto
privacy or liberty.

> As for white supremacy, look elsewhere, I think you`ll
> find Tim`s post an example of what the developed world knows as humour,
> not a serious attack on any ethnic group.

Tim's post is an example of what the RACIST world knows as humor,
Paul.  Racism isn't an intellectual phenomenon, it is a gut
phenomenon.  Frequently it manifests itself in humor.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...