Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Anonymous anon at anon.efga.org
Fri Nov 14 18:00:43 PST 1997

Paul Bradley <paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk> writes:

> As for white supremacy, look elsewhere, I think you`ll
> find Tim`s post an example of what the developed world knows as humour,
> not a serious attack on any ethnic group.

Tim May's post seems funny to you?  Not a racist comment?

His imitation of a Japanese accent is purely offensive.  Paul, would
you feel comfortable offering this kind of "humor" in a gathering which
included Japanese visitors, perhaps potential customers?  That comment
about kicking Japan's butt would really be humorous, wouldn't it?

It is astonishing that people like you and William Geiger, who apparently
make their living as consultants, feel so comfortable publicly approving
racist comments directed against the Japanese.  Does William expect ever
to work with a Japanese customer, after suggesting that Truman should
have dropped additional atomic bombs on Japan?

Even if you share Tim May's lack of moral constraint, you presumably do
not also share his wealth.  Pragmatic considerations alone should make
you reluctant to be an apologist for racist comments, or in William's
case to compound the error with shockingly offensive remarks of his own.