Br'er Tim and the Bug Hole (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Tue Nov 11 20:51:00 PST 1997

Forwarded message:

> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:18:49 -0500
> From: Robert Hettinga <rah at shipwright.com>
> Subject: Re: Br'er Tim and the Bug Hole

> Remember my old Neitsche joke about the rabbits demanding their rights and
> the lions asking to see their claws? You, Tim, or anyone else we know, even
> those with arsenals :-), are but mere ferrets in comparison.

'mere ferrets'? You obviously don't know much about the predatory nature of
the mustella clan (ferrets, weasels, badgers, etc.). From a predator
stand-point they are excellent hunters, routinely killing prey *three* times
their body weight by themselves. By no means is that routine of predators of
any ilk other than felines (statisticaly hitting 70% kill rates on average,
dogs do good if they hit 40% in packs). You should do a little research into
mustella negripe, the American Black-footed Ferret (distantly related to the
European Ferret at best).

No, being a ferret is *not* an insult but rather a compliment. Pound for
pound if you got to pick a fight don't pick one with felines or mustellids
they *will* kick your weasy little butt.

And yes, I am a cat & ferret lover.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |