Y2K: Canada status?

Jean-Francois Avon jf_avon at citenet.net
Tue Nov 11 19:28:44 PST 1997

Please reply to my personnal address, I am not on CPunks.

Is there anybody who knows about the Y2K situation in Canada?

Should we infer that the situation will be the same here or were any preparation steps
taken by out govt that will postpone our contry's alledged fall by 2 microseconds (time for
any major economic catastrophy in the US to reach us here)

Ciao
jfa

       "You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're
       up against -- then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful
       gestures. We're after power and we mean it. Your fellows were pikers,
       but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no
       way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power
       to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals,
       one makes them. Once declares so many things to be a crime that it
       becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a
       nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But
       just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor
       objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers---and
       then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system...that's the game, and
       once you understand it, you'll be easier to deal with."

Ayn Rand