FRB Crypto Systems

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Tue Nov 11 19:02:24 PST 1997

::
Anon-To: cypherpunks at toad.com

John Young wrote:
> Federal Register, November 10, 1997
> Excerpt from a Federal Reserve Bank announcement:
>
>       ... the Reserve Banks plan to change their policy
> for ownership of the encryption boards used by depository
> institutions with dial and multi-drop connections. These
> encryption boards are currently purchased and owned by the
> depository institutions. With the replacement of the
> encryption boards beginning in the second half of 1998 to
> enhance the security of the Federal Reserve's communications
> network, the Reserve Banks plan to purchase and assume
> ownership of these boards.

  Not that they are preparing to take fascist control of all
electronic funds in preparation for the coming Financial Holocaust.
  Has anyone that you can't look *anywhere* in the government
regulatory scheme without seeing signs of preparation for
*seizing* control of information, finances and communications?

  I remember going into a black bar in a very bad neighborhood
in Seattle and being befriended by the nicest black man in the
whole world. After sharing intimate buddy-buddy details of his
life with me he suggested that if I gave him my wallet to hold
then I wouldn't have to worry about some of the "bad" black
people in the establishment robbing me.
  I didn't give him my wallet, but I _did_ vote for him. {;>)

El !Fool