???

VME Encryption matrix at meganet.com
Tue Nov 11 17:13:36 PST 1997

Dear Bill Geiger,

My first reacation to your followup letter was getting more upset, and I
almost replied with another mad letter. But then I decided to better myself
and see who I'm dealing with.

I've looked at your web site, and looks like you might be a nice person.
So, I tried to figure out the reason for the previous vicious letter that
was completely unjustified and the following attacks you placed.

I'll take it from the point that you might not know all the facts and
explain. If that's not enough, I'm sorry.

1) The million dollars challenge is no longer valid for the last 3 months.
2) The current challenge bares NO monetary prize.
3) VME flowcharts, algorithm AND a working application is in the hands of
250 software companies for evaluation (Microsoft, IBM etc.)
4) We can not put it on the net, due to strict US export rules (as you
mention in your web site as well)
5) Our program, flowcharts & algorithm have been filed with the US patent
office and will be public domain within a year.

If that helps explain our part, I'm glad. And if not, it's o.k. - it's a
free country and everybody is entitled to their own mind. It's just feel
sheety to be attacked by strangers that knows nothing about you, specially
people that you might think should have some interest in keeping the
individual right to privacy from government and te likes.

We started this challenge with some goals in mind, but fighting with a
group of cryptographers was not one of them. If anyone wants more technical
data, we'll be glad to submit what we can under the circumstances, if
someone wants to keep of flaming us, it's o.k. - but we won't respond anymore.

Thanks,

Project Management.