Will Jews be Forced to Accept Christ in Public Schools?

nospam-seesignature at ceddec.com nospam-seesignature at ceddec.com
Tue Nov 11 08:47:14 PST 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Tim May wrote:

> >So, allying yourself with people who would gladly force *your* childen to
> >pray to *their* God doesn't bother you in the least. Fascinating.
>
> There is no way any proposed laws will force Jewish kids to pray in certain
> forms.
>
> (I say this not as a defender of the Christian Right, but in the interests
> of truth.)

> Personally, I'd rather see school vouchers, or, even better, a complete
> withdrawal of public funding for schools. Let the Zoroastrians send their
> kids to whatever school they like...and let them pay the freight.

I believe in separation of church and state.  The state must get out of
things like education and welfare (charity) and other things that are not
their responsibility.

The mistake was when the courts ruled that prayer could not occur in
public (government) schools.  The very next day, every government school
should have been closed down (this would also have shown the court that it
should be careful with its rulings).  And society would not have
experienced as much decay as it has.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---