Will Jews be Forced to Accept Christ in Public Schools?

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Tue Nov 4 21:28:46 PST 1997

Tim May wrote:
>There is no way any proposed laws will force Jewish kids to pray in certain
>forms.
>
>(I say this not as a defender of the Christian Right, but in the interests
>of truth.)
>
>Due to my advanced age, compared to most of you, I was attending elementary
>school in the State of Virginia before the Supreme Court struck down school
>prayer (circa 1962). I vaguely recall a kind of prayer at times, which
>anyone was free to ignore. Obviously a child will feel social pressures to
>conform...but such is life in many ways.
>
>The Jew in our class was specifically exempted from school prayers. Seth
>Schrager--I remember his name somehow--was excused from Christian
>activities, like building manger scenes and reenacting Christian parables
>in school plays. Actually, we didn't _want_ any Christkillers in our school
>plays.
>
>Personally, I'd rather see school vouchers, or, even better, a complete
>withdrawal of public funding for schools. Let the Zoroastrians send their
>kids to whatever school they like...and let them pay the freight.
>
>--Tim May

Huh? Since when has school prayer had anything to do with religion?
Its about indoctrination. If you force someone to say something day
after day, or even hear it day afterday, after a while it stops
representing a idea, and starts representing a truth. The pledge of
allegiance is a prime example.

Ask a school age kid "does america have liberty and justice for all?"
and they will quote back without thinking the pledge of allegiance

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of america
and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under god
indivisible with liberty and justice for all"

Long after they stop forcing you to say it you still remember it. You
still believe that america is "a nation under god" and has "liberty and
justice for all" whether or not there is any evidence at all to support
it. That is the beauty of it, there need be no evidence of liberty at
all just like there is no evidence that terrorists and kiddie porn
collectors are running rampant on the internet. Just like there is no
evidence that the economy is worse than it has ever been. Just like
there is no evidence that 2/3s of the crime in america is committed by
teenagers.Just like there is no evidence that you have a 50% chance of
being killed when you leave your house. People hear these "facts" day
after day on tv but are never offered any proof but im sure if you ask most
people "how is the economy" they will say "worse than it has ever been".

Say something 3 times and it becomes true.

forget my last post about only taxing some churches, tax them all.

--bucky