SynCrypt: the new PGP?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Nov 4 14:10:58 PST 1997

Mark Rogaski enscribed thusly:
> An entity claiming to be Anonymous wrote:
	:
	: - Some of message deleted
	:
> : > No source no security.
> :
> : You don't trust Schneier?  You've seen the limitations of source code
> : release.  Experts like Schneier and his team designing the crypto is
> : worth more than a bunch of know nothings scratching their heads and
> : wondering where to begin with 1000+ pages of source code.

> If the source were available, there would be no need to trust Schneier.
> I trust his expertise, but have no basis (or inclination) to make guesses
> about his character.  No matter how many people refer to Applied Crypto as
> "a Bible", it's not the kind of book that encourages blind faith.

	Nooo...  Actually, at the moment, we are just trusting their word.
So far, we haven't heard a peep from Bruce.  Maybe Bruce is working with
them, and that's all well and good, but until such time that we hear so
from Bruce in a way that we can authenticate, we are not even up to the
point of trusting him as yet.  We are still at the point of trusting
whatever they are telling us.  And I agree...  No source, no security.
Windows only...  No way...

	Bruce?

> Doc
>
> --
> [] Mark Rogaski                   "That which does not kill me
> [] wendigo at pobox.com                 only makes me stranger."

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/