Why porn must be stopped at all costs, by Jodi Hoffman

Paul Spirito berezina at qed.net
Mon Nov 3 18:51:33 PST 1997

Lizard wrote:

>But what we actually have is countless pluralities voting to rob each
>other. The game would work, except for entropy, in the form of
>transaction costs. With each theft from one group to the other and
>back again, some money is lost -- so the tension between groups
>increases as each demands a larger share of a smaller pie.

No -- you've got it *almost* right -- the negotiating pluralities, entropy
(as metaphor!), & all... but the pie is growing (at between 2% & 3% per
annum). So nearly everyone's content -- enough not to shoot each other,
anyway.

Paul

Her name was Julie; she wore Batman sneakers,
And she laughed when she sang,
"Money can't buy me love!"
North of Petaluma where the 1 meets the 101 --
Oh man, we took a lot of drugs...